Have you been using Pinterest for your business? If not, it’s time to put some stock into your social media strategy.
Pinterest is a lot more than a visual search engine. Pinners come to this platform for inspiration for their interest and hobbies as well.
Presently, Pinterest has more than 320 million monthly active users. Isn’t that number enough to convince you to start using this platform for your business?
Why should Pinterest be added to your marketing strategy?
Pinterest is more of a digital scrapbook with many helpful and fun features. It is a social media platform that was designed to save and discover information using images and videos in the form of a pinboard.
Here are some top reasons that make Pinterest marketing right for your business
1. Pinterest has more than 320 million monthly active users worldwide.
2. Women rule on Pinterest. More than 66% of Pinterest’s base is female. In the United States, 8 in every 10 mothers is on this network.
3. The only Social media network that offers visual search. And the majority of the crowd prefer making any search through images.
4. Pinterest isn’t a platform of pictures only. According to Pinterest, 89% of US Pinners use Pinterest for motivation in their way to buy. Also, it’s not simply the motivation that shoppers are searching for. 47% of Pinner’s sign onto the site explicitly to shop, making it multiple times more compelling at producing deals than other social platforms.
5. Companies use pins for brand exposure. Businesses link their pins to the website.
6. Now, this is one of the most important points. Advertising. You can promote your pins. Promoted pins look like native pins. Pinterest advertising is pretty affordable. The audience can be targeted depending on the geographical area and obviously depending on the topic and keywords used. Ads are also re-pinned by the pinners, that’s additional exposure for the ads without paying for it.
7. Pinterest Analytics. You can track who is viewing your page and pins. It also gives you information about the audience demographics, the devices your visitors use, and your most popular pins.
Setting up a Pinterest Business Account
There are three ways to create a Pinterest Business Account.
- Add a business profile to your Pinterest account
- Create a new business account
- Convert a personal account to a business account.
We’ll discuss it from scratch because most of the steps are the same.
1. Go to pinterest.com/business/create
Log out first if you have a personal account. Then Enter an email and password and then click Create Account.
2. Add your business name after choosing the language and location. Select the appropriate category for your business and add the website link.
3. Connect your other social media accounts. This will let the pins from connected sites attribute to the Pinterest account. Moreover, tracking of related analytics could also be done.
4. Click on the pencil icon to edit your profile besides your name. It automatically pulls the name from your email. Add a profile picture of dimension 165*165 pixels that represent your Brand. Try including a few keywords in the about description.
5. In the left-hand menu click on Claim to claim your website. Doing this you will be able to track website analytics.
6. Create a Pinterest board from your profile by clicking on the plus sign. Add a title and then click on the pencil icon on that particular board from your profile. Add a description inclusive of keywords. Select a proper category for your board. This will enhance the Search engine optimization. Upload an image for the cover photo and save it.
7. Start creating your Pin. Click on the plus icon in the upper right corner from your dashboard. Including keywords and hashtags, add a title and description to it. Also, include a destination link. Finally, add an image or a video. Hit publish and add it to the board you want to.
8. Add a cover picture to your profile. Click on the pencil icon above the image from your profile page. It automatically picks creatives from the pins or the boards.
9. Add a Pinterest tag to your website if you wish to advertise on Pinterest. This will help in conversion tracking and understand what the audience tends to do on your site.
Congratulations! You’re ready to break the internet with all your pins. Start attracting followers, driving traffic, and increase sales from your Pinterest account.
And you don’t have to worry if designing images isn’t your expertise. Let our professionals take care of that. Feel free to connect to know more about Pinterest marketing.
What are you waiting for? Let’s start pinning!