With the evolution of modern technologies, small and medium scale organizations are doing all that they can to keep up. Larger organizations are either changing their plans of action to an online one or are reinforcing existing marketing plans with digital marketing strategies.
Digital marketing, online marketing, or internet marketing is advertising your organization through the internet. All things considered, internet usage has multiplied over the last decade and this move has influenced how individuals buy items and communicate with organizations. The importance of digital marketing is that you can easily track and monitor your campaigns. So, when you invest your time and money into your campaigns, you definitely want to know whether they are working or not. Digital marketing makes it easy for you to track your campaigns, which allows you to adapt and drive better results.
Let’s Understand What is Digital Marketing :
Digital Marketing is promoting or advertising any products and services through and on any digital device. This marketing method is not magic, and you don’t need to be tech-savvy to excel at it. If you offer a product or service that the market wants, you can effectively advertise them in digital channels and the channels can include social media, mobile applications, emails, websites, search engines, or any other new channel.
The list of digital marketing is continuously transforming, here are some common strategies that most businesses follow:
- Paid search advertising
- Pay-per-click advertising
- Email marketing
- Content marketing
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Social media marketing
- Affiliate marketing
Here are some reasons why the use of internet marketing is not only an investment-wise decision but also an effective marketing channel that can assist you in developing your business.
Importance of Digital Marketing:
- More cost-effective than traditional marketing – Small businesses have very few resources and capital. Digital marketing provides them with a better and much more cost-effective marketing channel that delivers great results.
- Helps to generate higher revenue – Following effective digital marketing techniques leads to higher conversion rates, which will deliver many profitable benefits for the business in terms of better and higher revenues. Companies who are consistently using these strategies have 2.8 times better revenue growth expectancy.
- Can help to interact with the target audience- Interacting and providing your audience with proper engagement points can give you an insight into what exactly your targeted audience wants.
- Helps to build a brand reputation – If you deliver what you promise, it will help you develop better relationships with your customers and targeted audience. This will eventually lead to a better brand reputation.
- Earns people’s trust – 90% of the responders claim that they will trust the information about the product/service of any particular brand if it is provided by people they know or the people who have previously purchased the same.
You must keep up with Digital Marketing Trends 2020. If you don’t follow these trends then your business might struggle.
The Top Digital Marketing Trends in 2020:
Video marketing has been a critical methodology for brands for a long time, but the format of videos keeps evolving. One year from now, videos will take up a huge lump of consumer traffic on the internet – with over 85% of traffic just from the USA. Most of these videos will not be uploaded by brands, but by individuals.
Many brands have video marketing as a factor of production. They need these videos to look sophisticated and smooth for the sake of their brand reputation. But the problem is that most viewers aren’t searching for extra-embellished videos. They simply want quality content that is driven by a story, is informative, and engaging.
Omnichannel is a multichannel marketing system that you set up at several touchpoints to reinforce the client’s purchasing journey.
In other words, an omnichannel advertising plan suggests you design marketing touchpoints that can be run on most accessible channels.
Most organizations use email, social media, and search as marketing channels. For eCommerce development, this can be an incredible method of marketing. You can think about these different channels: Virtual assistants and chatbots, podcasts, smartphone apps, and ephemeral videos. Every one of these can bolster your current showcasing system.
Omnichannel Marketing comparison
Omnichannel is explicitly noteworthy for consumer-facing enterprises since 70% of clients usually use at least three channels to explore before they purchase anything.
Voice Search Optimization
Voice input isn’t new but it hasn’t been as broadly utilized because of network issues, particularly when the search engines can’t process sounds. Web design and development trends will soon improve in demonstrating voice input.
Voice Search has been around for some time, however, Siri and Alexa are just getting smarter. Besides that, voice search is a hot current trend in digital marketing – as seen by the following insights:
- 50% of all online searches will be through voice by 2020.
- 13% of families in the United States claimed smart speakers and this is estimated to increase by 2022 to 55%.
- Shopping with voice search will increase to 40 billion USD in 2020.
Taking everything into account, voice search is the digital marketing trend that you will see a great deal of later. For a mobile app development company, this is great news. Now when you make your applications, you won’t neglect to include a voice search feature.
Chatbots have been around for some time and remain a trend that is encountered consistent change. As indicated in a report by Grand View Research, 45% of clients lean toward using chatbots as an approach to impart for client assistance issues.
Chatbots have indicated how successful they are in improving client experience and it empowers advertisers to better connect with their clients. They give constant assistance, support, and active interactions for questions relating to real concerns. WhatsApp, most recently, embraced this latest trend in digital marketing. They are offering Business Messaging that organizations are utilizing to manage everyday client exercises.
Augmented and Virtual Reality
Augmented Reality (AR) is being used to offer organizations the reality that a buyer expects. Popular designer brand, Michael Kors used AR effectively a year ago to make Facebook promotions where they requested clients to attempt and purchase their sunglasses. But AR and VR (Virtual Reality) is not limited to simply advertisements; a few brands are utilizing them to create brand awareness as well.
For example, L’Oreal and IKEA figured out how to boost their client involvement. Through VR, they let clients imagine the products before making a purchase. A year ago, they presented their application IKEA Place that permits clients to essentially place furniture in their homes. While L’Oreal, the cosmetics behemoth, created its own AR stamped applications, for example, Style My Hair and Makeup Genius. Both empower clients to take a stab at hair and cosmetics looks through selfies.
This Innovation in marketing is incredibly gainful for both attracting and holding onto clients.
Apart from the above artificial intelligence and machine learning trends, push notifications in the browser, social commerce, personalization, emotional evaluation are some other digital marketing trends to watch out for in 2020.
Online marketing has outsold traditional marketing in recent years and continues to be a high-growth industry. Here are some benefits of online marketing.
Benefits of Online Marketing:
- Promoting your business 24/7 – One of the major advantages of online marketing is that you can advertise your business 24/7. Internet marketing has the benefit of selling and pitching your business or your products/services with no time limitations or geological boundaries. With clients/customers progressively going to the Internet for their purchasing needs and required services, online advertising is the need of the hour.
- Reaching out to your audience – Online marketing has made it easy to connect with and reach out to a wider audience. When you convey a message, you convey a message to the audience that is already following you, alongside, you convey it to individuals who are looking at the content you post. It is important to remember keywords and hashtags while advertising on the web. In traditional marketing strategies, a business can’t contact an audience that is located at a distance. With digital marketing, contacting an audience who is essentially miles away is not at all challenging.
- Better ROI – About profits, organizations are quick to know and adjust each system that causes them to develop their business. This is conceivable by having a phenomenal online presence. It is as basic as getting the maximum output from minimum input.
- Analyzing and evaluating every action – In traditional advertising, organizations have to wait for days to analyze their best performing marketing strategies and campaigns. Online marketing makes it easy to assess each business activity within a few seconds. This is possible because you can track the insights as soon the individuals begin to connect with your campaign. These include your traffic on the website, likes, shares, reach, impressions and so forth. Running campaigns on Twitter and Facebook can give you analytics and insights within these applications itself.
- Better conversion – Online advertising makes the way for better conversion rates. Getting leads for your online business is simpler than traditional offline marketing. Connecting with your audience has become much simpler. It encourages you to create more leads and improve your conversion rates effortlessly.
A Final Word:
There are various benefits of online marketing. In case you’re searching for better approaches to connect with your audience, Moshi Moshi Media an advertising agency in India is here to help. There are numerous services to look through including email marketing, social media marketing, search engine optimization, and pay-per-click marketing. Connect today.
What is digital marketing used for?
Digital marketing is used to advertise any business using an electronic device or the internet. Businesses leverage digital channels such as search engines, social media, email, and other websites to connect with current and prospective customers.
Why is digital marketing so important?
Using digital marketing you can connect with an enormous audience in a cost effective and measurable way.
What are the types of digital marketing?
Search engine optimization (SEO), Search engine marketing (SEM), Content marketing., Social media marketing (SMM), Pay-per-click advertising (PPC), Affiliate marketing., Email marketing.
Why do we need a digital strategy?
Digital strategy will give you a clear path to strategic goal. It will help you to create tactics that will lead you to success.